Saturday, June 13, 2009

she's here!

We welcomed Stella Jane Farris on Tuesday June 9th at 8:07 am. She weighed 6 lbs 4 oz and is 19 inches long. It's so funny, I thought for sure she'd be our biggest baby and she's turned out to be our smallest. She's just a little peanut but she's healthy, beautiful and as sweet as could be. We are all very much in love with this little girl. We can't tell exactly who we think she looks like but we can definitely see bits of Mason, Bo and Lily in her. I have lots and lots of pictures of her to share from our hospital stay, so this just might be my longest post yet.

I had Dr. Caplinger's nurse, Amy in the operating room to take pictures during the c-section. She got some great shots.
Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


In case anyone is wondering if Ross fainted this time, the answer is no. They made him sit by my head and wouldn't let him watch the surgery. I think he was a little disappointed he wasn't able to prove he could do it but I was relieved.
Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


This is where Ross took over taking pictures of Stella. I love that he got so many of her hands and feet. He knows me so well.
Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Look how long those toes are!
Photobucket


Photobucket


The 1st time I got to hold her.
Photobucket


Photobucket


Lily LOVES her new baby sister. She calls her, "My baby" or "My Stella". So cute.
Photobucket


Photobucket


Mason was very dissapointed that we named her Stella. In the hospital, we couldn't decide between Gwen Olivia or Stella Jane. Ross wanted Stella a little more and Mason & Bo wanted Gwen. I didn't care one way or another because I love both names. So Ross & I thought it would be fun to write down Stella on one piece of paper and Gwen on another and stick them both in a bowl, then let Lily pick one. Well, she picked Stella. Ross and I were happy but the boys were not so happy. Bo got over it quickly but Mason did not. I don't need to get into too much detail but it was not a fun evening and Mason and I both ended up in tears. Hormones. Mason called me at the hospital later that night and apologized for acting the way he did and told me that he loved the name Stella. He's such a sweetheart.
Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket
Wow.........that was a lot of pictures! I've got many many more to edit and even more to take of this little girly. I've got big plans in store for her!!!

21 comments:

Alli Blue said...

I have been waiting and waiting for these pictures! I almost cried with the one of you and Ross holding hands! So precious! She is a delight Laura! Little Miss Stella Jane! Perfect! I am just bursting with joy for you and the family! LOVE YOU!!!!!!!!!!!

Erin said...

She is so BEAUTIFUL! Congratulations. I love her name and am so excited for you and your family. Take Care.

Mindy said...

She's beautiful!!! Congratulations!!!

Noelle said...

I have been waiting too! The pictures you have are amazing and I'm sure there are many more to come! She is so cute!

Juliette said...

She is just darling, exactly what I expected! Congratulations!

Heather Palmer said...

OH I AM SO EXCITED FOR YOU!!! What fabulous photos! You look amazing girl!! What a beautiful baby. Congratulations!!!!

Danielle said...

Amy got some good ones. It's interesting to actually see a baby being born by C-section...there's just enough room to get her little body out. The pic. of Bo holding Stella perfectly shows how he has been lately...on cloud 9. She's perfect. I'm excited to see more.

williams family said...

Congratulations! She is beautiful and the pictures are amazing!!!

Cindy Pond said...

laura, what beautiful pictures of stella. you always do amazing work and this is no exception. oh the fun you will have taking pictures of this beauty. i look forward to all those pictures. i am so very proud of you. MOM

alison said...

Congratulations Laura! She is beautiful!! I LOVE the name and the pictures are priceless. I can't wait for more. Hope you are feeling well.

Kimberli K said...

Congratulations to you and your family Laura! I'm glad she is here safe and sound...she is BEAUTIFUL! I love her name:) Can't wait to see more pics in the future. We go in Thursday for our little one's arrival. I've been so terrible at blogging, but I'll at least get some info and pics up! Congrats again and best wishes! ~Kimberli

Audrey said...

Congratulations Laura, she is so tiny and beautiful! I've been so excited for this post, and it didn't disappoint, you got so many great pictures of her all ready! She's an absolute doll, and I can't wait to see your pictures over the next few weeks. Congratulations to your entire family, you all look so smitten and happy. Love you guys!

Marisa said...

What beautiful pictures and what a perfect little girl! I love how wrinkly their hands and feet are when they're newborns! You look way too beautiful for having just had a baby! Congratulations!

Steph said...

Congrats Laura, she is beautiful! You have some great pictures already ... can't wait to see even more newborn shots.

Stephanie EchoHawk said...

great pics, she is so cute love her already!!

Megan said...

so cute. i cannot wait to meet her. i have been waiting for days to see these pics. thanks for sharing

Amanda said...

oh - these make me cry! She's gorgeous! I can't wait to meet her!

Wendy Bryan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Wendy Bryan said...

I, too, have been waiting on little Stella to get here and see her beautiful pictures! Congratulations and she's just awesome. I love her name! Good job with it. Enjoy every minute. Can't wait to see future pics.

Tara said...

How cool are the pics where she's half in/half out of you. Yowza, kinda reminds me of the movie 'V'...except she's not an alien lizard baby. She's so cute, you should post the announcement pics, those are awesome.

bledsoeblog said...

Congratulations Laura! I too LOVE the name Stella, it fits this cute, sweet little girl! What amazing pictures you have of your delivery. Your nurse did well.

You look beautiful, as always.
Enjoy your precious bundle of joy!