Friday, June 27, 2008

One down...

Photobucket


Photobucket

Bo came running into my bedroom first thing in the morning yesterday to show me that one of his teeth fell out while he was wiggling it with his tongue. He was so excited and couldn't stop looking at himself in the mirror. He still can't get over how different he looks, and sounds when he talks without his tooth. I can't either. I am kind of sad about it. He's growing up too fast.

So, Bo was really excited to go to bed last and put his tooth under his pillow, it was like Christmas for him. He couldn't wait to see how much the tooth fairy would bring.

Well, I got a rude awakening this morning when a crying little boy came in my room to tell me that the tooth fairy didn't come because his tooth was still there and there was no money. "AHHHHH, CRAP!!!" is what I was thinking in my head. I tried the calm him down and tell him that she must have been super busy and would probably come tonight. He was still so disappointed. Mason gave me a knowing look, then went into their room and came back a few minutes later with a dollar. He said he found it behind the bed and it must have fallen back there during the night. (Mason is such a good big brother.) Bo still wasn't convinced though, because the tooth was still there. So, I told Mason to put his dollar back in his wallet and thanked him for being so kind. Then told Bo that I was SURE the tooth fairy would be here tonight and might even leave him more money because he had to wait so long. He was sad for a couple hours, but is now really excited to see if she'll bring him even more. What the heck was the tooth fairy thinking?

3 comments:

Tara said...

nice, very nice. seriously though laura, make him stop growing.

Stephanie EchoHawk said...

so sad, i've totally done that before! oh it sucks! cole told me last week that he lost a tooth while we were in New York and didn't tell anyone and didn't get a tooth, he was wondering why?

Audrey said...

He looks so cute with his missing tooth! Great pictures, and I hope he was super excited when the tooth fairy finally came. I think the tooth fairy has done the same thing at our house before. Oh, and his brother is so cute to try to cover for you!