Thursday, January 22, 2009

Our littlest one

I had my 20 week ultrasound today and am happy to report that the baby looked great. We also got confirmation that she is indeed still a girl, which made me very happy but made Ross just a little bit sad. I think he was holding on to the tiniest shred of hope that she might just turn out to be a boy after all.

Photobucket


Photobucket

Now, on to what we're going to name her. I hesitate a bit to share our favorite names with everyone before we decide on one and actually name her. It seems like whenever we've discussed the names that we liked for our kids in the past, people liked to tell us all the ones they DIDN'T like and why. Or flat out said, "Eww, I don't like that." And I get it. There have been plenty or times that I've heard the name someone chose for their child and think, "Really? out of all the names in the world to choose from and you picked THAT one, really?" But I wouldn't actually say that to someone. Especially if they'd already named their child that. I think that people feel more free to voice their dislikes if you haven't chosen THE name yet. That's why I'm a little afraid to tell everyone what we've narrowed it down to. But I'm gonna do it anyways. Here goes:

Adelyn, Saylor, Presley, Piper, Jessa, Stella, Gwen, Hallie & Olivia (Liv)

Now there are tons of other names we really like but aren't considering them because they're either too popular at the moment, someone in one of our families has already taken it, or they don't sound good with Farris. We are still open to suggestions too. I think I'll start a name poll on the sidebar of the blog soon, so make sure you vote on your fav. I'm not promising we'll use the winner, but we will consider the results!

7 comments:

Cam said...

I like all of those names! How very exciting!

Britt said...

oh, i really like piper and saylor (but i'm sucker for "s" names).

Alli Blue said...

I love all the names! We talked about Saylor for a boy or girl when we first got married! I really like Adelyn. Call her Addie! Jessa is cute too. I like Jess. Good luck on narrowing down the choices! :)

Audrey said...

Yay, I'm so glad everything looks great with her, and that she's still a girl :) I love all the names on your list..I might be a little in favor of Adelyn, but I'm bias since that's my nieces name. Good luck choosing!

Marisa said...

Ooh, I love Adelyn, I've never heard that before!

alison said...

my vote is stella. it means "star". all the names are beautiful...i am so excited for you and glad you are feeling better!

Shellie B said...

I'll throw my two cents in...I read the names you were choosing and the name of a friend's daughter came to mind because it was, I thought, I similar style. Her little girl's name is Sully. My youngest daughter is Calyn (pronounced CAL-lyn....not KAY lyn). We call her Callie sometimes. Good luck with your pregnancy. And your photography is beautiful!!! Michelle