Thursday, December 18, 2008

Happy birthday Lily!!!

Photobucket

It's hard to believe that Miss Lily it two today. It seems like it could've been just a few months ago that she was born. But it's also hard to remember what life was like without Lily in it. She has brought so much sunshine into our house and we all love her to pieces. She is such a sweet and loving little girl. I wish she wouldn't grow up so fast. I've put together some favorite pictures of Lily taken over the last two years. I could post hundreds of them, but I've narrowed it down to about 30. I know, that's still a lot. I got my SLR camera after Lily turned one, so all of the pictures of her 1st year are from my old Sony point and shoot. I'm sure I'd have a lot more to share if I'd had a better camera her 1st year. Oh, and the 1st 2 pictures of my C-section and are pretty graphic, so skip those if you want to.


Here is Lily's 1st picture. It was taken by one of the nurses in the delivery room because Ross was out of commission for a while.
Photobucket


Photobucket


Ross fainted about a minute before Lily was born so he missed the whole thing. He also headbutted me on the way to the floor. Thanks for the support honey :)
Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


My brother in law took this of me and Lily and it's one of my very favorites. Thanks Kirk!
Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket

Lily's favorites at 2:

1. Spirit Stallion of the Cimarron.
2. The Grinch, the Jim Carrey version.
3. Apples, but only if it's the whole thing.
4. French fries.
5. Playing hide n' seek.
6. Horses.
7. Santa.
8. Going to Nan's house.
9. Nan's cats.
10. Cake.
11. When Pop comes home from work.
12. Running.
13. Wearing flip flops.
14. Acting things out for us.
15. Making a "tower" with the Christmas presents.

8 comments:

Audrey said...

Oh my goodness, that was so much fun looking at all those pictures of her! You have so many beautiful ones! I never knew her as a baby, so I was amazed at how much she looks the same. She's adorable, and you're so blessed to have her. Happy Birthday little Lily!

Danielle said...

2 things...1, Lily is so cute. Fun to see how she's changed over the past two years. She really does look so much like Ross.

And 2, I still can't get over the pic. of Ross out cold. It gets better every time I see it. And the oxygen being administered to him is too funny. CLASSIC!!!!

Marisa said...

I love that the nurse took a picture of Ross on the floor of the delivery room! She is adorable, makes me want a baby girl! I'm amazed that she sat still in the bath like that long enough for you to get a picture!

Tara said...

Wow, so you really went there with those first 2 pictures. And how did Ross not faint with the boys? Lily is one cute kid.

Erin said...

She is such a beautiful girl. I laughed so hard of the pic of your hubby passed out. Sorry Ross.We hope you have a wonderful birthday!
the KEllers

aaron and jenn said...

such a CuTe little girl you have! i too love the first few... i cant imagine your husband will every out live that one... i love looking at your blog and all the great pictures you do, they are so good and i feel like i get to know you and your darling family through them! merry christmas!
jenn

bledsoeblog said...

Laura, your delivery pictures are amazing. Your husband on the floor is priceless!

Heather Palmer said...

What a doll she is! Those delivery photos are amazing! What an awesome thing to have! My fave is your hubby laying on the floor though, hilarious! :)